WHO WE ARE
Babylodge® is an Italian company that designs, manufactures and sells solid beech wood Montessori beds for toddlers and kids.
The project was born in 2017 from the idea of a mom and a dad, design lovers, professionally specialized in engineering and marketing, who in their parenting experience became passionated about the Montessori method, discovering all the educational and practical values.
Founding principle, main theme and ultimate purpose of the whole project is simplicity:
1) because it is the key to communicate with babies and kids;
2) because simple things are the most beautiful ones;
3) because anyone is good at complicating.
True to its origins, Babylodge® provides authentic quality products, featured by an accurate selection of raw materials, a thorough engineering, timeless design, and a completely handmade manufacturing, entrusted to the hands of experienced artisans.
Babylodge® draws inspiration from the basic concept of Montessori educational method, according to which “children must be aided in doing that themselves” so that they can develop their autonomy and independence.
With specific refer to sleeping and playing – key moments in a toddler’s and his family’s daily life – Babylodge® flat beds feature:
1) no railings nor confining elements, in order to encourage kids’ freedom;
2) ground base, so that toddlers can move safely and independently anytime they want.
3) free access from any of the four sides, so that the space can be entered by multiple access points and the kid can build a relation with the object that is always different.
Additional inspiration comes from the learnings offered by Bruno Munari and Gianni Rodari in the field of pedagogy: starting from different but complementary inputs – images and shapes for the first, words for the latter – they both put imagination and creativity at the heart of children’s cognitive and emotional development. For this reason Babylodge® products’ design is inspired to the shapes and suggestions that are typical of the infant language, so that the incentive to freedom is not limited to the physical dimension, but can extend to sight and imagination, in an endless circle of mutual contamination.
To know more about our product concept, click here.